1. Michigan State, which is undefeated in the championship game, won its third Big Ten Tournament title, tying Ohio State for the most all-time. The Spartans won the 1999 and 2000 tournament titles.
2. Head coach Tom Izzo equaled OSU’s Thad Matta for the most Big Ten Tournament crowns with three.
3. Draymond Green was named the Most Outstanding Player of the tournament, becoming the third Spartan to earn it
and first since Morris Peterson in 2000. Green averaged 15.7 points per game and 11.7 rebounds per game.
4. The Spartans are 7-2 as a No. 1 seed. No. 1 seeds have won nine straight tournament games and the last three
5. Michigan State is 2-2 vs. Ohio State and 18-12 overall in the Big Ten Tournament.
6. MSU carried a 34-32 advantage into halftime and improved to 23-1 when leading at halftime this season.
7. The Spartans had just six turnovers compared to 10 by the Buckeyes. MSU is 12-0 when committing fewer turnovers
8. Trailing 52-45 in the second half, MSU went on a 10-0 run in under two minutes from 13:41 to 11:59 to grab the
lead, which it never relinquished.
9. MSU hit nine 3-pointers, marking the most by a Spartan squad in a Big Ten Tournament game.
10. Green, who had nine boards, finished with the second-most career rebounds (89) in Big Ten Tournament history
behind only Iowa’s Reggie Evans (95) on the all-time list.
11. Brandon Wood netted a season high 21 points and matched a season high with four 3-pointers.
12. Adreian Payne equaled Delvon Roe for the most blocks by a Spartan in a Big Ten Tournament game with four.
13. The contest featured 12 lead changes in the first half and 16 overall, marking the most in this year’s tournament.