In his first year on the field, Marcus Rush is showing why Michigan State head coach Mark Dantonio worked so hard to get the defensive end in the Green & White.
Now, after a top performance against Ohio State, the Big Ten Conference has honored Rush during their weekly honor roll.
Big Ten Freshman of the Week
Marcus Rush, Michigan State
LB, Cincinnati, Ohio/Archbishop Moeller
· Recorded four tackles, including a tackle for loss in Michigan State’s win over Ohio State
· Notched his first career sack as the Spartans ended a seven-game losing streak to the Buckeyes
· Part of an MSU defense that held OSU scoreless until 10 seconds remained, produced 13 tackles for loss, nine sacks and limited the Buckeyes to 35 rushing yards
· Claims his first career weekly honor
· Last Michigan State Freshman of the Week: Le’Veon Bell (Sept. 20, 2010)